The SPO exothermic cable is a consumable electrode, flexible spiral cable that is manufactured exclusively by SPO.
J3Seven is a provider for Breaching Tools and integrated systems maintenance solutions.
- Veteran Owned & Operated
- 100% Australian
- Premium technical support
The cable consists of six bundles of high tensile steel wire. The cordless cable is surfaced with a rough ultraviolet inhibitor, which is encased in a plastic sheath. To facilitate connection, one side of the exothermic cable has a threaded male fitting that attaches to the charging handle leaving the other end for cutting. The exothermic cable is manufactured in three diameters: 6mm, 9mm, and 12mm.
- Longer burn time.
- Ability to cut in hard-to-reach spots without frequent rod or cable changing.
- No electrical hazard after ignition. The electrical circuit is used only for igniting the exothermic cable.
- Cuts underwater as well as on the surface.
- Only oxygen is needed to fuel the burning of the cable.